Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Cistene Chapel, It Ain't

But still very interesting, don't you think?



Ogden's "Wall Art."

All around the town,




through the trees,











in the lane,




(You know these are bottles, right? I used to try to take pictures of this wall from full-on front and I could never capture the essence--no matter the light or time of day. I think it looks better from an angle like this.)
off the wall--literally and very literally. You can see this bizarre tiger-bunny as you drive down Wall Avenue. Maybe a distant cousin to Jack-A-Lope. I think Homey Jack's got competition!



A bit of a divergence, here, since this mural detail (the whole wall a Tuscan-like village) is painted on an inside wall. This is my not-a-drop-of-Italian-blood-in-him kid brother represented as a capocuoco on the wall in Ligori's Pizza and Pasta Restaurant. It wasn't in memorium when it was painted, but it became that when Michael died almost 20 years ago. He's the Scottish redhead, sporting the Celtic jig pose. He had aspirations to open an Italian Restaurant in Australia.






The cowboy who almost wasn't.


His dad didn't want him riding in the dangerous rodeos, but somehow he managed, quite secretly, at first, to make himself and his horse, Mad Max, famous on 24th--street and of July!


This one is more like a billboard, but it's on a wall and baseball has a place in my heart, so I included it here.




In true mural form, this one must be political, but I can't read the word. Can you?


Another indoor picture sublimely enhancing a wall. Awww..., huh?

1 comment:

  1. An awesome collection, Penny. Pictures I see every day and sometimes don't even notice because I'm so preoccupied with other things. Great post.

    ReplyDelete